Call for workshops - Research Bazaar 2018
The Research Bazaar is a worldwide festival promoting the digital literacy emerging at the center of modern research. At the University of Oslo (UiO) it will take place during week 6, February 2018.
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS - contribute a proposal by October 20th.
Do you know a cool and useful technology for research that you’d like to share with colleagues? Or are you good at skiing, wood carpentry, Minecraft or something else? Then we are looking for you to help us run workshops for Research Bazaar 2018!
The Research Bazaar is a worldwide, yearly festival promoting the digital literacy emerging at the center of modern research. At the University of Oslo (UiO) Research Bazaar will take place during week 6, February 2018. A number of Software carpentry and research oriented workshops will be held during the week, we are also working on organising other less “researchy” events such as a makerspace.
We would like to invite communities from all of UiO to submit proposals for workshops/tutorials. These should be hands on workshops, with a practical approach aiming to improve skills useful for research(ers). Target attendee groups are PhD candidates, young researchers and students but the event will be open for anyone interested.
How to contribute?
Please include the following in your proposal:
- The subject of the event and what knowledge you intend to convey
- Length of session (e.g., 2 hours, half a day or a whole day)
- A brief statement on the learning outcomes from the session
- The target audience for your session and how many attendees you plan/wish to accommodate
- Indicate if you have access to a room at UiO which can be utilised. If not, please let us know about technology and facility requirements
- Any other supplies or support required
- Anything else you believe is pertinent to carrying out the session
Do you have an idea but would like to run it by someone? Get in touch:
Anne Fouilloux, Geo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lex Nederbragt, Ibv - email@example.com
Annika Rockenberger, Ilos - firstname.lastname@example.org
Elin Stangeland, UB - email@example.com