What does the University Library offer? Who can use us?
The Service Declaration shows you what UB is obligated to do, as well as what UB expects from you.
The library’s main function is to support the University’s aims regarding research, education, communication and innovation. The University of Oslo Library is available to everyone, whether or not you are attached to the University. Our primary users are staff and students at the University of Oslo and Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, but we are also a resource for users outside the university.
The University Library cooperates with other libraries, both in Norway and abroad, to ensure that our primary users have access to material not found in our collections.
We offer you
- high quality information services and collections
- simple and effective access to electronic resources
- assistance in using the library and in searching our resources
- a good and inspiring environment for study and research
We expect of you
- that you respect the Library Regulations
- that you familiarise yourself with the library’s information to users
- that you make an effort to search for books and journals, and to find the literature on the open shelving
The University of Oslo Library’s user policy as laid down by the Library Director 02.11.2010