- A library card is required in order to borrow items from the University Library. Students and staff at the University use their student/staff card.
- External users must be over 18 years of age and registered as residents in Norway. Library cards are issued on personal attendance, on the presentation of valid identification.
- Library cards are personal and not transferable to anyone else.
- Users are responsible for ensuring that details of address, telephone number and e-mail address are always correct. Students at the University are responsible for reporting any changes to the Student Register.
- The loss of your library card must be reported to the library as soon as possible to prevent abuse.
- Borrowing items from the University Library collections is free of charge.
- The loan period is usually 4 weeks.
- An item can be renewed if it has not been reserved by another user.
- Reference literature, special collections and journals are not normally available for loan. Some special collections are restricted to our students and staff only.
- Particularly valuable documents and items published before 1850 are only available for use within the Library.
- Items borrowed from other libraries for students and staff at UiO and OUS, Rikshospitalet are subject to the loan period and other conditions imposed by the lending library.
By arrangement, items may be borrowed from other libraries for external users.
See price list.
- Items you have borrowed are not transferable to another person. You are responsible for all items listed on your library record.
- Library items must not be taken out of the country.
Late return of items
- Students and external users are charged a fine of NOK 40 for each of the 2. and 3. reminders.
- Accumulated fines of NOK 200 or more will result in the suspension of borrowing rights until all fines and administrative fees are paid.
Lost or damaged items
- The user is responsible for returning the item in the same condition in which it was received.
- If an item is lost or damaged, the full replacement cost must be paid. You will also be charged with an administration fee of NOK 100 to be paid with your overdue fees.
- The minimum replacement cost is NOK 500. If the item is returned after the invoice is sent out, the administration fee must still be paid.
- Items borrowed from other libraries are subject in each case to the replacement cost imposed by the lending library.
- Legal action will be taken against the user in the event of an unfulfilled replacement cost.
Contravention of the Library Regulations can result in suspension of borrowing rights at the University Library.
Laid down by the Library Director 02.11.2010, rev. 15.02.2011
Published Feb 4, 2011 05:26 PM - Last modified Apr 19, 2011 02:53 PM