Gender Studies - Library course - master
The focus will be on library services for the master students. How to find your way through the jungle of information, in time for the exam.
- Library service
- Information and how to find what you are looking for
- The core literature to your problem of discussion
- Relevant journal databases
- Referances and bibliographies
We will start with an introduction. There will be time for independant work. We try to keep an informal atmosphere throughout the course, and all kinds of library related questions will be tolerated. The focus will be kept on the students abilities to find relevant information, and their use of the library services.
The course is intended for the masterstudents in gender studies. The students should take a walk in the library prior to the course, and look at central places like
- the periodicals collection at the ground floor
- the collection at the dewey groups 300 for sociology and other social sciences and 900 for history. First floor in the library.
- reference collection of the first floor (in norwegian; the second floor)
The students may spend some time looking up various resources in BibsysAsk, prior to the course.