Research Bazaar miniseminar
Digital tools for managing and sharing research data.
The Research Bazaar 2017 events taking place at the University of Oslo is all about improving researcher skills to enable more efficient and reliable research. In this live streamed mini seminar we will be taking a closer look at tools and services available to support the move towards digital research practices, helping researchers better manage and ideally also share their data with colleagues throughout the world.
- Welcome - by chair Live Rasmussen, UiO Science Library
- 9:30 - 10:00 Mark Hahnel, Digital Science will showcase the figshare service and describe how this freely available service can be used by researchers to manage and share their research outputs
- 10:00 - 10:30 Maria Francesca Iozzi, USIT will talk about their Services for sensitive data (TSD)
- 10:30 - 11:00 Ørnulf Risnes, the Norwegian Center for Research Data (NSD) will talk about how the NORDi-project improves NSD's long-standing services on data sharing, curation, access, protection and training to meet the demands for a sustainable national data sharing infrastructure.
- 11:00 - 11:30 Andreas O Jaunsen, UNINETT Sigma2 will speak about the new national data infrastructure, NIRD, including the new service platform technology (based on Docker containers and Kubernetes), current & new services and upcoming training events
- 11:30 - 12:00 Leon du Toit, USIT will talk about EUDAT tools and services
This is a free and open seminar, so bring your friends! No registration is necessary.
- 12:00 - 13:00 Join us for a light lunch, and mingle with speakers and colleauges while you are waiting for the stands to be ready!
The event will be streamed:
Time and place: Feb. 2, 2017 13:00 PM - 15:00 PM, Realfagsbiblioteket, Vilhelm Bjerknes hus
Visit the Research Bazar stands and meet a number of research related service providers that can help you with getting organised and sharing your data.
FigShare - the figshare service are there to help you easily manage all your research outputs and make them available in a citable, shareable and discoverable manner. Talk to Mark Hahnel about using it, what the benefits are and ask all those questions that kept you from getting started.
Norwegian Center for Research Data (NSD) - learn more about the NSD services available to you and ask any questions you have following the presentation of the Norwegian Open Research Data Infrastructure (NORDi) project earlier in the day.
Carpentry@UiO - the Carpentry team at UiO will be there to talk to you and answer any inquiries you have about attending Carpentry workshops, the methods used for Carpentry workshops, and how to get involved.
UiO Library - meet the University of Oslo Librarians. Get help with your references, ask your subject librarian that question you've been thinking of, or find out what library services are available to you.
USIT - learn more about the services we offer to support the research, including Abel - High Performance Computing, TSD - Service for sensitive data, Life Portals, File Sender, Storage Services and much more. Come and talk to us, we can help you in your research!
The Norwegian Bioinformatics Platform - learn more about the platform, which develops software and offers assistance and consulting services to Norwegian researchers within the field of bioinformatics
DNV GL is working on big data projects with several industry leaders in pursuit of reduced downtime, predictive maintenance, performance forecasting, energy efficiency, improved safety and real-time risk management
This event is a part of Research Bazaar 2017