Submitting your thesis to DUO
- All students at UiO are given a username and password. You will need this username and password in order to log onto DUO.
- Fill in all the required information and hand in an abstract and full text. Additionally, you can print out a receipt as proof of the submission of your document. If you forget or lose your username and password, contact student-IT at your faculty.
- Your document should be submitted in the original format (e.g. LaTeX or Word) as well as in PDF format. It can also be submitted and published in other formats, such as HTML (information about how to make a PDF from a document).
- If the abstract contains mathematical formulas, these formulas should be pasted as pictures in the summary. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
More than one author
Students who write papers together should register the paper only once and submit only one copy of the full text file. Student no. 1 should log onto DUO, register and submit the paper. Student no. 2 (the co-author) should log onto DUO and select 'Register as co-author on thesis already registered'. Student no. 2 should then select the faculty and department, choose the right paper from the list of submitted papers and click on 'Add as a co-author'.
Faculty, not department
Medical students and students of law and dentistry submit their papers to the faculty, not the department.
Agreement on publishing
- The author gives UiO the right to publish the electronic version of the thesis through DUO.
- The author retains the copyright to the thesis.
- The author must, in advance, make clear whether possible contracts between a publisher and fellow authors will have consequences for publishing the thesis in DUO.
- The author gives permission for other websites to create links to the thesis.
Approval of the agreement takes place electronically during the submission process.
When submitting papers, students must sign a self-declaration to hand in to their department. There are two forms: one form for an independent paper (PDF file) and one form for group papers (PDF file).