Quick guide to the DUO template
The following is a guide for those who do not like reading instructions. It is a simple list of what you need to know in order to get started.
If you need more information, please refer to the full instructions for the DUO template.
How to use the DUO template:
- Download the template and save it to ‘M’ (your home directory) or another secure location. If you are using Internet Explorer, it might be difficult to open the file by clicking on the link. Right-click on the link, save the file, then open the file from the saved location.
- Fill out the document properties information. This information will follow the file when converted to PDF and is important for internet search engines.
- Start typing. Use the heading style hierarchy correctly; these styles are used to generate the table of contents. It is also possible to generate a list of figures automatically. To use this feature, use the figure style for figure titles in Figure Figure titles. Looking through the list of styles in the template before starting might be useful. The list is found in the full instructions.
WARNING: You should not move between different versions of Word. If you have started working in Word 2010, you should not open and save the document in Word 2007, and vice versa If you do this, the document could be damaged or destroyed.
- Finish the thesis. Ensure that all figures and illustrations are correct, that a front page has been filled out, and that everything looks nice. Create a table of contents and a reference list. Create a PDF version of your document. Read about how to generate a PDF file from Word, OpenOffice, LaTeX, etc. on USIT's pages.
- You should allow four working days for printing at the Reprosentralen. More information regarding the submission of a thesis is available from your department.