Subject specialist for gender research
The International Bibliography of the Social Sciences is an online resource for social science and interdisciplinary research. IBSS includes bibliographic references to journal articles, books, reviews and selected chapters dating back to 1951.
ISI Web of Knowledge
Web of Science provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases.
CSA Sociological Abstracts abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences.
Humanities Index is a bibliographic database that cites articles from English language periodicals. Periodical coverage includes some of the best known scholarly journals and numerous lesser known but important specialized magazines.
Oria - The Library Database includes books, journals, articles, sound recordings, printed music etc. held by the norwegian research libraries.
Family talk : discourse and identity in four American families
(Oxford University Press, 2007)Received in the library 19 April.
Women in dark times
Rose, Jacqueline (Bloomsbury, 2014)Received in the library 17 April.
Houses of ill repute : the archaeology of brothels, houses, and taverns in the Greek world
(Penn University of Pennsylvania Press, 2016)Received in the library 9 April.
Nelson, Maggie (Graywolf Press, 2015)Received in the library 6 April.
Marrying in South Asia : shifting concepts, changing practices in a globalising world
(Orient Blackswan, 2014)Received in the library 3 April.
Early Modern Women Database
The Early Modern Women Database provides links to Web resources useful for the study of women in early modern Europe and the Americas.
This web database aims to provide in-depth information on Poor Clares, female Franciscan Tertiaries and aligned groups from the thirteenth through the eighteenth centuries.
Women's History Collections
This is an overview of individuals and organizations whose papers and records can be used as primary sources for women's and gender history.
UNECE Gender Statistics Database
Comparable data for Europe, North America and Central Asia
OECD Gender, Institutions and Development Database (GID-DB)
The OECD has good data, also on gender.
GenderStats form the World Bank
A compilation of data on key gender topics from national statistics agencies, United Nations databases, and World Bank-conducted or funded surveys.
E-books in gender research
- Active bodies : a history of women's physical education in twentieth-century America
- City women : money, sex, and the social order in early modern London
- Colonial medical care in North India : gender, state, and society, c. 1830-1920
- The declining significance of homophobia
- Encyclopedia of sex and gender / Fedwa Malti-Douglas, ed.
- Enlisting masculinity : the construction of gender in U.S. military
- Feminist measures in survey research
- From silence to memory : revelations of the AHPN / Archivo Histórico de la Policía Nacional (AHPN, Guatemala)
- How women represent women : political parties, gender, and representation in the state legislatures
- Handbook on women in business and management
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences
- International encyclopedia of women's suffrage / June Hannam, Mitzi Auchterlonie, and Katherine Holden
- The ladies complete letter-writer
- The politics of belonging : intersectional contestations
- Remaking the male body : masculinity and the uses of physical culture in interwar and Vichy France
- The report of The Constitution Project's Task force on detainee treatment
- Resources for feminist research
- The SAGE handbook of race and ethnic studies
- The SAGE handbook of social geographies
- Woman suffrage and women's rights
Search & Write (Søk & Skriv) is a well-built site with online resources for academic writing.
The writing centre at UiO is open for all students who wish to improve their own writing. Discuss ideas, drafts and questions with one of the writing mentors at the centre. Book an appointment.