Engelsk (ENG3501) - Bibliotekkurs - bachelor
For your ENG3501 thesis course you are required to write a 10-page academic paper on a chosen topic. In order to do so you will have to identify, locate, access, evaluate and use relevant material and sources for your thesis.
The primary purpose of this library orientation class is to help you get the most out of the library resources, and to get a head start on your own research.
Having identified a research question or thesis statement is an advantage in order to benefit fully from this class.
This class will enable you to:
- Perform advanced searches in Oria.
- Find relevant databases for your topic
- Use subject terms as part of your information searches, and develop a research strategy (with guidance)
- Use the web-based library resources for academic writing, citing and referencing
- Navigate all library resources (physical and digital) in order to find relevant material.
This two hour seminar (2 X 45 min) is held in an electronic classroom with full computer access located in the library (Georg Sverdrups Hus). The class consists of mini-lectures, demonstrations, exercises related to your projects, and group discussions.
The class is targeted at students taking ENG3501 who are in the process of writing their bachelor theses.
This class is an integrated part of the ENG3501 thesis course, and attendance is mandatory.
Special librarian Lisette Berger Brunvoll and Subject librarian Cathinka Neverdal