Changes in PubMed login from 1 June 2021
From 1 June 2021, there will be changes in how you log in to your personal account in PubMed (NCBI account). Read about what you need to do if you have an account.
What is new?
From 1 June 2021, it will no longer be possible to log in to a personal account in PubMed (NCBI account) with NCBI username and password. Instead, use another login account, such as Google, Microsoft, or ORCID.
Note that you do not need a personal account to search for literature or read articles in PubMed. An NCBI account is used to store searches and references, and to set up e-mail alerts so you can stay up to date.
What do you need to do?
If you are re already using another account to sign in, you do not need to do anything!
If you only use your NCBI username and password, you will need to add another account. Proceed like this:
- Log in to NCBI as you usually do.
- Click on your username in the top line to load the NCBI Account Settings page.
- If the "Settings" page only has a "Native NCBI account" username and password and no "Linked accounts", you will need to add another account.
- To add another account, click the "Change" button under "Linked accounts".
- You can select several options, such as Google Account, Microsoft Account or ORCID.
Do you need help?
Do you have questions about this, or do you need help? Please contact the Medical Library by e-mail email@example.com.