Reopening of study seats in Georg Sverdrup's house
The library in Georg Sverdrup's house will reopen for students and staff from Monday 12 April. The number of study seats has been reduced due to new distance requirements, and must be booked in advance.
Now you can book a seat again and study in Georg Sverdrup's house. Photo: UiO / Jarli & Jordan
The desk in the library will be staffed for a few hours every day. There will be security guards present at the entrance and regularly in the library.
Study seats and areas
- Reservations for seats are made in TP: Room booking.
- As of 12th april there are approximately 260 seats, of which 144 must be booked. The remaining seats are on sofas, study booths, stage areas, etc.
- Unfortunately, we have no group study rooms now due to the distance rules, only individual seats.
- The printers can be used.
- The group study rooms are closed.
Opening hours (with card and code)
Humanities and Social Sciences Library from Monday 12 april:
- Monday-Friday: 08-22
- Saturday-Sunday: 10-18
Infection prevention measures
- Keep 2 meters distance from others.
- Use a face mask when moving around the library.
- Stay at home if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Do not move chairs and tables, they are placed to comply with distance rules and infection prevention measures.
- External users unfortunately do not have access to the library, but can return borrowed material in the goods reception at Georg Sverdrup's house, weekdays between 09-16.