Carpentry@UiO: Plotting and Programming with Python (Novices)
Do you want, or need, to learn Python programming for your research, but have no, or little, previous knowledge? Do you want to refresh your basic skills in Python programming? Or, do you want your research team members to learn Python? If yes to any of this, then this workshop is for you and/or your team!
Who this workshop is for?
- For graduate students and other researchers who:
- want to learn Python programming but have no or little previous knowledge
- want to refresh their Python knowledge from a very basic level
- If you are one of the following, you are encouraged to join either as an individual or helper:
- You are an expert programmer in other languages and want to learn Python as a new language
- You are competent with Python, and want or need your team members to learn Python from the basics, but have no time or confidence to teach by yourself
Having the necessary setup is shown on this instruction page.
Abiding the Carpentries Code of Conduct
- Being aware of the fact that this workshop focuses on the basics of programming in examples and exercises, and is not meant for an experienced programmer
Sign-up deadline: 27 May
If we receive more sign-ups than our capacity allows, priority is given to UiO/OUS staff and students.
If there are questions related to the installation and testing of the software packages needed, feel free to ask us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in other Carpentry@UiO workshops, please visit uio.no/carpentry