Carpentry: Plotting and Programming with Python (Gapminder)
Do you want, or need, to learn Python programming for your research, but have no, or little, previous knowledge? Do you want to refresh your basic skills in Python programming? Or, do you want your team members to learn Python? If yes, then this workshop is for you and/or your team!
See full course information.
Who this workshop is for?
- For graduate students and other researchers who:
- want to learn Python programming but have no or little previous knowledge
- want to refresh their Python knowledge from a very basic level
- If you are one of the following, you are encouraged to join either as an individual or team helper:
- You are an expert programmer in other languages and want to learn Python as a new language
- You are competent with Python, and want or need your team members to learn Python from basics, but have no time or confidence to teach by yourself
Having necessary setup shown in this instruction page.
Abiding the Carpentries Code of Conduct
- Being aware of the fact that this workshop focuses on the basics of programming in examples and exercises, and is not meant for experienced programmers
If there are questions related to installation and testing of the software packages needed, feel free to ask us via email at email@example.com
Sign-up deadline: September 27 at 23:59
After the soft deadline, a waiting list will be automatically handled upon de-registrations.
If we receive more sign-ups than our capacity allows, priority is given to UiO/OUS staff and students.
If you are interested in other Carpentry@UiO workshops, please visit uio.no/carpentry