Carpentry workshop: Tidy Programming in R for Reproducible Scientific Analysis
Software Carpentry's mission is to help scientists and engineers get more research done in less time and with less pain by teaching them basic lab skills for scientific computing.
R is a programming language that is especially powerful for data exploration, visualization, and statistical analysis. In this first 2-day Carpentry@UiO R workshop, we’ll teach you the following topics:
- Introduction to R and RStudio
- Data cleaning with tidyverse
- Elegant data visualisations with ggplot2
- Data manipulation with dplyr
- Easily arrange data with tidyr
- Create and share reproducible reports with R Markdown
- Functional programming with purrr
- Elegant modelling pipelines with modelr
- Tidying statistical models with broom
- Bonus (end of day 1): Version control by integrating Git/GitHub into RStudio projects
NOTE if you sign up for this workshop we expect you to attend both days. We do not open for people only attending one day of this workshop.
If you are interested in other Carpentry@UiO workshops, please visit uio.no/carpentry.