Medicine - Interdisciplinary tools : Scopus, Web of Science, Google Scholar
This course gives an introduction to literature searching in interdisciplinary reference databases such as Scopus, Web of Science and Google Scholar. These databases are supplementary to PubMed, and may retrieve relevant references regarding interdisciplinary topics.
After attending the course you will know:
- That Scopus, Web of Science and Google Scholar can represent valuable supplements to PubMed when it comes to literature search for interdisciplinary topics.
- The tools can give a quick first hand overview on the research front for a specific topic.
- Identify highly cited studies within a topic.
- Identify leading research groups, their publications and citations, H-factor, and more.
- How to sign up for alert services for recently published scientific articles.
Presentations, demonstrations and practical exercises. The course is held in Zoom.
PhD-students, master students and employees at University of Oslo, and Oslo University Hospital.
Staff at Medical Library
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time and place