Medicine - Methods and tools for better search techniques
This course is designed for PhD Candidates and others who need a deeper knowledge, and advanced skills in literature searching within medicine and health sciences. It focuses on useful tools for building search strategies and advanced search techniques. Several relevant databases are highlighted.
- Different topics requires different approaches. Summarized research. Several types of Reviews.
- Improve search strategies by using PubReMiner, MeSH on Demand and other tools
- Choose relevant bibliographic databases
- Hands on in Web of Science and “Advanced Search Builder” in PubMed
- Search filters, for example “Retracted publication”
Demonstrations and hands on exercises. The course is held in Zoom.
Phd.- students and researchers at the University of Oslo and Oslo University Hospital.
Staff at Medical Library
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time and place