Medicine - Advanced literature searching - Methods and tools
This course is designed for PhD Candidates and others who need a deeper knowledge, and advanced skills in literature searching within medicine and health sciences. It focuses on useful tools for building search strategies and advanced search techniques. Several relevant databases are highlighted.
- Different topics requires different approaches. Summarized research. Several types of Reviews.
- Improve search strategies by using PubReMiner, MeSH on Demand and other tools
- Choose relevant bibliographic databases
- Hands on in Web of Science and “Advanced Search Builder” in PubMed
- Search filters, for example “Retracted publication”
Demonstrations and hands on in a computer lab.
Phd.- students and researchers at the University of Oslo and Oslo University Hospital.
Staff at Medical Library