Medicine - PubMed : Efficient searching for journal articles
The course is an introduction or refresher on how to search for scientific journal articles in PubMed.
PubMed is the main source for updated biomedical research and information. It covers the areas of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health care, preclinical sciences and other related disciplines. It contains references to articles from more than 5,500 biomedical journals from various countries, mainly in English. Links mainly to full text articles.
After attending the course:
- You will know the scope and contents of PubMed
- You will know the importance of MeSH (Medical Subject Headings)
- You will know the principles of recommended search techniques
- You will be able to save search strategies and set up alerts in NCBI
- You will know how to export references to EndNote
Presentations, demonstrations and practical exercises. The course is held in Zoom.
International researchers, staff and students at the University of Oslo, Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Dentistry and Oslo University Hospital.
Staff at Medical Library