Geosciences - GEO4012 - Literature study in geosciences
The course covers literature search, relevant scientific resources, and reference management. You will learn about the scientific publication process, researcher- and research ethics.
The course is an integrated part of the introductory course for master studies GEO4012 in biology.
After the course you will:
- be able to efficiently find relevant literature in geosciences
- be able to work efficiently and systematic with literature searches
- know ledge about citing and referencing in a scientific text
- know how to use the reference software EndNote
- understand how a scientific article is structured
- understand the problems with plagiarising and researcher ethics
- know about peer review, publication- and dissemination processes
Lectures and guided work on computer.
Masterstudents in geosciences at UiO.
Kristin Rangnes (email@example.com) subject librarian at the Science Library in Vilhelm Bjerknes' hus..