Research Data Management for PhD students in Social Sciences
In this course we will provide an overview of the basics of research data management for PhD students in social sciences following the life cycle of a PhD project.
Good research data management is increasingly important for PhD condidates from all disciplines, including in social sciences. It goes beyond data protection and privacy and includes, among others, data documentation, organization, licensing and archiving. It helps us work more effectively with our research projects and improves reproducibility, visibility and reuse of research data.
So, what exactly is research data management? How can we organize, document, store and safely share our data? And how can PhD candidates benefit from implementing good data management practices and comply with the requirements from funders and the University of Oslo?
In this course, we will address these questions and provide an overview of the basics of research data management for PhD students in social sciences following the life cycle of a PhD project. We will also have question and answer sessions where you will get the opportunity to ask questions specific to your research project.
After attending the course, you will:
- Have overview over different data management activities in a PhD project
- Be familiar with UiO’s requirement and recommendations for research data management
- Be familiar with the benefits of good data management
- Know how to start with research data management in your project
Lecture and Q&A session. Duration 2 hours.
PhD candidates at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Oslo.
Time and place
10. May 2022 13:15-15:00 Eilert Sundts hus, A-blokka: Auditorium 2