Research Bazaar: Reproducible science with containers
This workshop is full, with waiting list. Note that the workshop "Interactive Research with Jupyter Dashboards" will also talk about reproducible research using docker container, and is still open.
Linux containers, with the build-once-run-anywhere approach, are becoming popular among scientific communities for software packaging and sharing. Docker is the most popular and user friendly platform for running and managing Linux containers.
This workshop is mainly a hands-on tutorial that is organized as follows:
- Overview of the Linux containers technology
- Installation, building and managing Docker containers
- Advanced Docker features: Continuous integration, Docker cluster (Swarm), Docker inter-container (Compose)
Basic knowledge of Linux, own laptop with ssh access (Install Putty for windows).
Graduate students and researchers.
- 09:00 - 09:20 Introduction to containers
- 09:20 - 10:00 Docker Images and containers
- 10:00 - 10:30 Building Docker images 1
- 10:30 - 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00 - 11:30 Building Docker images 2
- 11:30 - 12:00 Managing Docker containers
- 12:00 - 12:30 Docker in continuous integration
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 14:30 Docker Swarm
- 14:30 - 15:00 Docker Compose1
- 15:00 - 15:30 Coffee break
- 15:30 - 16:00 Docker Compose2