Research Bazaar: Interactive research with Jupyter Dashboards
This one-day hands-on workshop will introduce you to Jupyter dashboards for reproducible research.
Jupyter dashboard is an extension of jupyter notebook and allows you to arrange your jupyter notebook outputs (text, plots, widgets, …) in grid- or report- like layouts.
The learning objectives for the workshop are:
- Understand what we mean by making your research more reproducible
- Understand the value of reproducible research practices
- Learn how to make your research more reproducible using Jupyter dashboards layout extension (an add-on for Jupyter notebook)
- Learn how to arrange your jupyter notebook outputs (text, plots, widgets, …) in grid- or report- like layouts
- Learn how to install jupyter Dashboards layout extension and create jupyter dashboards
- Learn how to add interactivity to jupyter notebooks and allow end user to control aspects of the visualization
- Learn how to share and publish your dashboard
The workshop is aimed at graduate students, postdocs and other researchers who perform computational analysis or work.
The material uses basic Python for teaching and illustrating the key concepts. Advanced knowledge of Python is not needed, but some familiarity with Python will help to understand the material. No prior knowledge of jupyter dashboards or jupyter notebooks is required.
Ana Costa, Gladys Nalvarte, Benjamin Ragan-Kelley, Anne Fouilloux