Where can I find the literature?
Newer books and can be found in the Medical Library, older books are in the stacks at Domus Medica. The oldest collections of books are in closed storage. Most of our journals are available electronically.
Where can I find books and journals?
Books bought the last decade and printed journals from this year can be found in the Medical Library at Rikshospitalet. This also applies to most of our special collections. Most of our journals are available electronically
Books acquired more than 10 years ago are in the stacks in the Domus Medica. The collection of old medical history is in a closed collection at Domus Medica.
The oldest collection is kept in closed storage at Georg Sverdrups house at Blindern. Some of the collection has not been registerd in Oria, but can be found in the database HK1 (Catalog of foreign literature published before 1966 at UBO). The librarians can help you find what you are looking for.
How can I find books and journals?
- Books are shelved by subject after NLM (National Library of Medicine).
- All books can normally be borrowed for a four week loan period.
- Books marked with green tape can be borrowed for two weeks.
- Books marked with yellow tape are day to day loanes, and are due before 8.30 the next day.
- Many medical works can also be found electronically.
- Most journals are available electronically in Oria. Search for electronic journals.
- The paper journals are shelved alphabetically. They cannot be borrowed, but articles may be copied.