Opening hours and info
Students and staff have access with their access card and code:
- Monday - Friday: 08:00-22:00
- Saturday - Sunday: 10:00-18:00
- Thursday May 13: 10:00-18:00
- Monday May 17: Closed
- Monday May 24: 10:00-18:00
The desk is staffed:
- Monday - Friday: 10:00-16:00
- Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 - 14:00
- The desk is closed on May 13, 17 and 24.
- Notice that the desk may be closed at times also during these time slots.
Return books outside the library - without a card and code:
at the goods entrance at the back of Georg Sverdrup's hus, Moltke Moes vei 39. Put the books in the blue boxes. Monday - Friday 09-15.
Returning books in the mail:
If you are prevented from returning your books in the Library, sending them in the mail is an option. Add a note with info about where you borrowed it, and that you are returning it. See our postal address.
- 144 individual seats with green lamps, and group study rooms for individual use must be booked in the TP-system).
- Printers are open, PC-seats are closed.
- 2 meter distance and face mask is prohibited when you are not at your seat.
Reopening of study seats in Georg Sverdrup's house
Apr. 9, 2021
The library in Georg Sverdrup's house will reopen for students and staff from Monday 12 April. The number of study seats has been reduced due to new distance requirements, and must be booked in advance.
Are you a student or employee at UiO and need help finding literature for your assignment or using reference styles and tools? Book a one-hour tutoring session on Zoom, where we have time to go more in depht. You can book directly in the calendar two weeks ahead.
The writing centre is open for all students who wish to improve their own writing. Order an appointment, and discuss your ideas, drafts and questions with one of our writing consultants on Zoom.
The Humanities and Social Sciences Library in Georg Sverdrups hus has one of the largest collections in Norway.