Tips for master students
- Short introduction to the library
- tips for master students and other readers
- Books about science writing
- in the Informatics library.
- DUO templates for master thesis:
- LaTeX, Word
- EndNote - course notes
- Used with Word. Exercises.
- BibLaTeX - course notes
- Used with LaTeX. Exercises.
- Publications from Department of informatics
- You will find master theses and IFI research reports.
- Presentations from the library introduction
- Some PDFs are bilingual, please excuse. Some of the slides are better off using powerpoint (pps)
- The online library - home page - pdf, pps
- Using reference works - understanding references - pdf, pps
- Searching for literature about e-learning in Inspec, Oria and ACM digital library - pdf, pps
- Some words about plagiarism - pdf, pps
- Citation foundation in an article (excluded 2016) - pdf, pps
- Citations and citation databases - pdf, pps
- Alerts by email and RSS (excluded 2016) pdf, pps
- Reference tools - pdf, pps
- Eight queens problem (excluded 2016) - pdf, pps
Three instructive videos produced at the University of Bergen Library (with English subtexts):
- How do you find somewthing interesting and fruitful to write a paper about?
Professor at Institutt for informasjons- og medievitskap (UiB), Anders Johansen
- What's the difference between a good and a bad paper?
Professor at Institutt for informasjons- og medievitskap (UiB), Lars Nyre
- A plagiarism carol