Guidelines for publishing e-prints at the Department of Mathematics
The preprint series published by the Department of Mathematics is now only published electronically and is called e-prints.
If you are affiliated to the department as scientific staff, PhD student or guest researcher, you can publish reseach results as e-prints in the departments e-print series.
How to publish an e-print?
To publish e-print you have to do the following four things:
- Find out what e-print series is right for your article. Below is a list of what series are available.
- Give your article the right heading, so it can be identified as an e-print. It is important that the heading contains the correct year, and the right ISSN-number. If you are using Latex, you may use this code.(pdf)
- Register your article in Cristin.
- Upload your article in full version to DUO from Cristin.
The departments e-print series:
- Pure Mathematics ISSN 0806-2439
- Mechanics and Applied Mathematics ISSN 0809-4403
- Research Report in Mechanics ISSN 0801-9940
- Statistical Research Report ISSN 0806-3842
- Statistical Memoirs ISSN 0809-0335
- Oslo Scientific Computing Archive ISSN 1500-6050
- Vitenskapshistorisk skriftserie ISSN 1500-2756
It may take some days befor your article becomes visible in DUO.
Do you need to edit an e-print that is already published?
To publish an edited version of your e-print you have to do the following two things:
- Use the guidelines above to upload the new file through Cristin, make sure that the name of the file reflects that it is edited: edited-oldfilename.pdf, and if you need to edit it a second time: edited2-oldfilename.pdf.
- In Cristin: Remember to check the box Yes for: Revised No Yes (Is the work a revision of a previous edition?)
Because every revision will create extra work for the people helping us with the publishing we ask you to keep the number of revisions to a minimum.