Online Reference Works
- Logeion - groups in one site both Greek (LSJ, DGE, m.fl.) and Latin (Lewis & Short m.fl.) standard dictionaries
- LSJ - Liddell, Scott & John's Greek-English Lexicon
- The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek (the newest Greek-English dictionary) - access only for UiO users
- DGE: Diccionario Griego-Español (the most comprehensive Ancient Greek dictionary, but at the moment only the lemmas α - ἔξαυος have been published)
- Woodhouses English-Greek Dictionary
- Etymological Dictionary of Greek (Beekes) - access only for UiO users
- Thesaururs Linguae Latinae - access only for UiO users
- Thesaururs Linguae Latinae - open acces (searchable pdf files)
- Lewis & Shorts' Latin-English dictionary
- DuCange A Medieval Latin Lexicon
- Etymological Dictionary of Latin and the other Italic Languages (De Vaan) - access only for UiO users
- Thesaurus Lexicorum Latinorum: a useful page collecting open access Latin dictionaries
- Indo-European Etymological Dictionaries Online - access only for UiO users
- Proto-Indo-European Lexikon (Helsinki)
- LOEB Classical Library Online - access only for UiO users.
- Library of Latin Texts (Brepols) - access only for UiO users.
- Loebolus (public domain, downloadable, LOEB volumes).
- Bibliotheca Augustana
- Bibliotheca polyglotta graeca et latina
- Syntacticus - a treebank of early Indo-European languages
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae - access to "Full Corpus" only for UiO users. You also have to create a web account - you can do it directly from TLG's website
NB: if you use a laptop, you need to connect through UiO's Program Kiosk
- The Latin Library "A collection of Latin texts: classical, Christian, medieval, and modern, including such classics as Lewis Carroll's Gabrobocchia"
Encyclopedias and Handbooks
- Etymological Dictionary of Greek Mythology (University of Trieste)
- The Suda On Line
- Encyclopedia of Ancient Greek Language and Linguistics - access only for UiO users
- Oxford Classical Dictionary - access only for UiO users
- The Oxford Companion to Classical Literature - access only for UiO users
- Brill's New Pauly (English version) / Der neue Pauly (German version) - access only for UiO users
- Oxford Hanbooks Online - Classical Studies - access only for UiO users
- Oxford Reference: Classical Studies - access only for UiO users
- L'Année philologique (APh): the basic and indispensable tool for research in classical studies. Articles and books. Coverage starts from 1924.
- TOCS-IN: the most updated, basic information on the last journal publications.
- Gnomon: All aspects of classical studies. While less complete than the APh, it has some items (e.g. a large collection of German and British dissertatons) not covered there. Articles and books.
- Oldtidens Anciente and Medieval litterature in oversættelser - a database about translations of ancient and medieval texts into Scandinavian languages.
Portals about Electronic Resources for Classics
- The Digital Classicist Wiki
- AWOL - The Ancient World Online: searchabler blog about (mostly) open access material on Antiquity, updated daily.
- Electronic Resources for Classicists (Maria Pantelia, University of California, Irvine)
- AgoraClass (in French)
Inscriptions, Papyri and Mycenaean documents
- Trismegistos ("an interdisciplinary portal of papyrological and epigraphical resources, formerly Egypt and the Nile valley (800 BC-AD 800), now expanding to the Ancient World in general")
- PHI (Packard Humanities institute)-Serchable Greek inscriptions
- Inscriptiones Graecae - Digital Edition
- EDCS (Epigraphik-Datenbank Clauss/Slaby) (latin)
- The Ashmolean Latin Inscriptions project
- EAGLE (Europeana network of Ancient Greek and Latin Epigraphy)
- Digital Corpus of Literary Papyri (literary and paraliterary papyri)
- Catalogue of Paraliterary Papyri
- MP³ (Mertens-Pack³)-Database (literary papyri)
- Diccionario Micénico (online indexes of the printed Diccionario Micénico)
- DĀMOS - Database of Mycenaean at Oslo (all Mycenaean documents in transliteration)
- CaLiBRA - a searchable database of photographs of the Linear B tablets from Pylos
- LiBER - Linear B Electronic Resources (images and transliterations of the documents from Thebes, Mycenae, Tiryns and Midea)
General Literature Search
- Oria - the Norwegian University Libraries' catalogue: books, journals and article search.
- HUMORD - reserved searchwords for the humanities (Norwegian terms)
- GreLat - Greek and Latin name standard forms as used in Oria.
- Dewey subject register for Oria (Norwegian terms)
- Dewey numbers:
- HKI - UB's old main catalogue. Some foreign literature published before 1966 is registered only here.
General databases for the Humanities
- ProQuest - Litteratur og språk - Indexed database of research publications within the Humanities. Contains 320 journals, magazines and newspapers published in the UK and in the USA. Covers publication from 1962 onward
- Humanities Abstracts(Ebsco) Indexed database of articles form more than 570 journals. Indexing from 1984, article abstracts from 1994.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science) - Interdisciplinary international database. Allows subject search for articles and citation search for books and articles. Journals ranged by so called "impact factor" (how often a journal is cited within a given period).
- Science Direct (Elsevier) - database of journals and e-books from Elsevier (NB: more than 10 000 matches return an error message).
Papyrus Erzherzog Rainer (p. Rainer cent.) : Festschrift zum 100-jährigen Bestehen der Papyrussammlung der Österreichischen Nationalbibliothek
Demotic papyri and ostraca from Qasr Ibrim
Ray, J.D (2005)
Ostraca de Krokodilô II : la correspondance privée et les réseaux personnels de Philoklès, Apollôs et Ischyras : O.Krok. 152-334