Online Reference Works
- Logeion - groups in one site both Greek (LSJ, DGE, m.fl.) and Latin (Lewis & Short m.fl.) standard dictionaries
- LSJ - Liddell, Scott & John's Greek-English Lexicon
- The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek (the newest Greek-English dictionary) - access only for UiO users
- DGE: Diccionario Griego-Español (the most comprehensive Ancient Greek dictionary, but at the moment only the lemmas α - ἔξαυος have been published)
- Woodhouses English-Greek Dictionary
- Etymological Dictionary of Greek (Beekes) - access only for UiO users
- Thesaururs Linguae Latinae - access only for UiO users
- Lewis & Shorts' Latin-English dictionary
- DuCange A Medieval Latin Lexicon
- Etymological Dictionary of Latin and the other Italic Languages (De Vaan) - access only for UiO users
- Indo-European Etymological Dictionaries Online - access only for UiO users
- Proto-Indo-European Lexikon (Helsinki)
- LOEB Classical Library Online - access only for UiO users.
- Loebolus (public domain, downloadable, LOEB volumes).
- Bibliotheca Augustana
- Bibliotheca polyglotta graeca et latina
- Syntacticus - a treebank of early Indo-European languages
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae - access to "Full Corpus" only for UiO users. You also have to create a web account - you can do it directly from TLG's website
NB: if you use a laptop, you need to connect through UiO's Program Kiosk
- The Latin Library "A collection of Latin texts: classical, Christian, medieval, and modern, including such classics as Lewis Carroll's Gabrobocchia"
Encyclopedias and Handbooks
- The Suda On Line
- Encyclopedia of Ancient Greek Language and Linguistics - access only for UiO users
- Oxford Classical Dictionary - access only for UiO users
- The Oxford Companion to Classical Literature - access only for UiO users
- Brill's New Pauly (English version) / Der neue Pauly (German version) - access only for UiO users
- Oxford Hanbooks Online - Classical Studies - access only for UiO users
- Oxford Reference: Classical Studies - access only for UiO users
- L'Année philologique (APh): the basic and indispensable tool for research in classical studies. Articles and books. Coverage starts from 1924.
- TOCS-IN: the most updated, basic information on the last journal publications.
- Gnomon: All aspects of classical studies. While less complete than the APh, it has some items (e.g. a large collection of German and British dissertatons) not covered there. Articles and books.
- Oldtidens Anciente and Medieval litterature in oversættelser - a database about translations of ancient and medieval texts into Scandinavian languages.
Portals about Electronic Resources for Classics
- The Digital Classicist Wiki
- AWOL - The Ancient World Online: searchabler blog about (mostly) open access material on Antiquity, updated daily.
- Electronic Resources for Classicists (Maria Pantelia, University of California, Irvine)
- AgoraClass (in French)
Inscriptions, Papyri and Mycenaean documents
- Trismegistos ("an interdisciplinary portal of papyrological and epigraphical resources, formerly Egypt and the Nile valley (800 BC-AD 800), now expanding to the Ancient World in general")
- PHI (Packard Humanities institute)-Serchable Greek inscriptions
- Inscriptiones Graecae - Digital Edition
- EDCS (Epigraphik-Datenbank Clauss/Slaby) (latin)
- The Ashmolean Latin Inscriptions project
- EAGLE (Europeana network of Ancient Greek and Latin Epigraphy)
- Digital Corpus of Literary Papyri (literary and paraliterary papyri)
- Catalogue of Paraliterary Papyri
- MP³ (Mertens-Pack³)-Database (literary papyri)
- Diccionario Micénico (online indexes of the printed Diccionario Micénico)
- DĀMOS - Database of Mycenaean at Oslo (all Mycenaean documents in transliteration)
- CaLiBRA - a searchable database of photographs of the Linear B tablets from Pylos
- LiBER - Linear B Electronic Resources (images and transliterations of the documents from Thebes, Mycenae, Tiryns and Midea)
- Deaditerranean (transliterations of most of the documents from Knossos, Pylos, Thebes, Mycenae, Tiryns, Khania, with translations of a number of words)
Antikkforskning for det 21. århundre
I juli var 700 antikkforskere samlet på kongress i London. Antikkforskningen anno 2019 er på alle måter mangfoldig. Skal man peke på noen trender, må det være at det digitale har blitt en selvfølgelig del av antikkforskningen (og her ligger vi etter sigende langt fremme!) og at antikkresepsjon fortsetter å fenge.
General Literature Search
- Oria - the Norwegian University Libraries' catalogue: books, journals and article search.
- HUMORD - reserved searchwords for the humanities (Norwegian terms)
- GreLat - Greek and Latin name standard forms as used in Oria.
- Dewey subject register for Oria (Norwegian terms)
- Dewey numbers:
- HKI - UB's old main catalogue. Some foreign literature published before 1966 is registered only here.
General databases for the Humanities
- ProQuest - Litteratur og språk - Indexed database of research publications within the Humanities. Contains 320 journals, magazines and newspapers published in the UK and in the USA. Covers publication from 1962 onward
- Humanities Abstracts(Ebsco) Indexed database of articles form more than 570 journals. Indexing from 1984, article abstracts from 1994.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science) - Interdisciplinary international database. Allows subject search for articles and citation search for books and articles. Journals ranged by so called "impact factor" (how often a journal is cited within a given period).
- Science Direct (Elsevier) - database of journals and e-books from Elsevier (NB: more than 10 000 matches return an error message).