- AsiaPortal E-Resources - several databases on Asia
- CiNii - articles, books and dessertertons database on Japanese language, partly full text.
- JAIRO - Japanese Institutional Repositories Online (Until 31.3.2019).From 1.4.2019 IRDB
- J-Stage - Japane Science and Technology Information Aggregator
- JapanKnowledge - Reference work on Japanese. Access to Gunsho ruiju (群書類従) from here.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies(BAS)
- Asahi Shimbun Kikuzô II Visual - Japanese News paper database
- Nikkei Telecom 21 - Japanese News paper database
- Yomidasu Rekishikan - Japanese News paper database
- Mainichi shinbun - the last Three monthes Archive, too (via Asia newspapers in AsiaPortal)
- Japan Times (current issues)
- Japan Times Archives - from 1897
- Factiva - Dow Jones Factiva. Choose Japanese language and search in Japanese original letters
- Databases for Japanese resources
- National Diet Library Digital Collections - full text books from Meiji era
- Japan center for Asian historical records (JACAR)
- Statistics bureau, Japan
- International Historical Statistics - population, worker, agriculture, prices, education, etc.
- IBSS-International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Literature Online
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)
Paradise in the sea of sorrow : our Minamata disease
Ishimure, Michiko (1990)Mottatt i biblioteket for 5 days ago.
Animism in contemporary Japan : voices for the anthropocene from post-Fukushima Japan
Yoneyama, Shoko (2019)Mottatt i biblioteket for 1 week ago.
Mishima Yukios "Zur Verteidigung unserer Kultur" (Bunka bōeiron) : ein japanischer Identitätsdiskurs im internationalen Kontext
Mak, Rebecca (2014)Mottatt i biblioteket for 1 month ago.
Oria - The library's main catalogue. (containing books, articles and other resources)
Journal on Japan
In western Languages: Printed Journals on the 1st floor. Book Shelfs 495 (East Asia) and 950 (Asia). Many journals articles are available via Library catalogue.
In Japanese Language: There are printed journals on the 4th floor (Mesaninen).
- Handout from the Library course The Book pyramid
- JAP 1501
Female film directors from Japan: A gendered society in transition. Book Exhibition May 9th-May 26th 2016
Search & Write (Søk & Skriv) is a well-built site with online resources for academic writing.
The writing centre at UiO is open for all students who wish to improve their own writing. Discuss ideas, drafts and questions with one of the writing mentors at the centre. Book an appointment.