Access library resources when you are not on campus.
Databases (Japanese, Asian)
- AsiaPortal E-Resources - several databases on Asia (NIAS)
- CiNii - articles, books and dessertertons database on Japanese language, partly full text.From 1st April 2022 this will be included in CiNii Research.
- CiNii Research - cross search several types of academic materials
- IRDB - Japanese Institutional Repositories Online (JSTOR til 3.31.2019)
- J-Stage - Japane Science and Technology Information Aggregator
- JapanKnowledge - Reference work on Japanese. Access to Gunsho ruiju (群書類従) from here.(NIAS)
- Bibliography of Asian Studies(BAS)
- Asahi Shimbun Kikuzô II Visual - Japanese News paper database (NIAS)
- Nikkei Telecom 21 - Japanese News paper database (NIAS)
- Yomidasu Rekishikan - Japanese News paper database (NIAS)
- Mainichi shinbun - via PressPeader at UiO. Choose "Japan".
- Japan Times (current issues) has problem to access. You can search in Factiva. If you need to hjelp, send e-mail to me.
- Japan Times Archives - from 1897 (NIAS)
- Factiva - Dow Jones Factiva. Choose Japanese language and search in Japanese original letters
- Historic newpapers published in China - Newpapers and journals under Japanese occupation in China 新京日日新聞, 北支, 滿洲日報, 臺灣日日新報
- Andla - cross search for digital archives by univeristies and museums so on. Only in Japanese.
- Cultural Japan - cross search of Japanese materials by museums, libraries etc . around the world.
- Finding moving images - Japanese moving images (NCC)
- Geospatial Information Authority (GSI) of Japan 国土地理院 - an article about this.
- Japan Search - “national, integrated and cross-sectoral portal website”
- Japan center for Asian historical records (JACAR)
- National Diet Library Digital Collections - full text books from Meiji era
- NHK Great East Japan Earthquake Archive
- International Historical Statistics - population, worker, agriculture, prices, education, etc.
- Statistics bureau, Japan
- Catalogue of holdings in East Asian languages at the Berlin State Library
- IBSS-International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- ICPSR Inter-University Consortium for political and social science
- Literature Online
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)
Oria - The library's main catalogue. (containing books, articles and other resources)
Journal on Japan
- In western Languages: Printed Journals on the 1st floor. Book Shelfs 495 (East Asia) and 950 (Asia). Many journals articles are available via Library catalogue.
- In Japanese Language: There are printed journals on the 4th floor (Mesaninen).
- Handout from the Library course The Book pyramid
Female film directors from Japan: A gendered society in transition. Book Exhibition May 9th-May 26th 2016
Search & Write (Søk & Skriv) is a well-built site with online resources for academic writing.
The writing centre at UiO is open for all students who wish to improve their own writing. Discuss ideas, drafts and questions with one of the writing mentors at the centre. Book an appointment.