- Databases and references
- AsiaPortal E-Resources - several databases on Asia
- CiNii - articles, books and dessertertons database on Japanese language, partly full text.
- Gunsho ruiju (群書類従) via JapanKnowledge
- JAIRO - Japanese Institutional Repositories Online
- J-Stage - Japane Science and Technology Information Aggregator
- JapanKnowledge - Reference work on Japanese. Access to Gunsho ruiju (群書類従) from here.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies
- Asahi Shimbun Kikuzô II Visual - Japanese News paper database
- Nikkei Telecom 21 - Japanese News paper database
- Yomidasu Rekishikan - Japanese News paper database
- Mainichi shinbun - the last Three monthes Archive, too (via Asia newspapers in AsiaPortal)
- Japan Times (current issues)
- Japan Times Archives - from 1897
- Databases for original sources
- National Diet Library Digital Collections - full text books from Meiji era
- Japan center for Asian historical records (JACAR)
- Library cagalogues
- Statistics bureau, Japan
- International Historical Statistics - population, worker, agriculture, prices, education, etc.
- ForEast - the internet East Asian library
- NHK Archives on the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
Oria - The library's main catalogue. (containing books, articles and other resources)
Journal on Japan
In western Languages: Printed Journals on the 1st floor. Book Shelfs 495 (East Asia) and 950 (Asia). Many journals articles are available via Library catalogue.
In Japanese Language: There are printed journals on the 4th floor (Mesaninen).
Search & Write (Søk & Skriv) is a well-built site with online resources for academic writing.
The writing centre at UiO is open for all students who wish to improve their own writing. Discuss ideas, drafts and questions with one of the writing mentors at the centre. Book an appointment.