Reference works & Bibliographies Online
Encyclopedias & Lexicons
- International Encyclopedia of Linguistics
- Glottopedia "is a freely editable encyclopedia for linguists by linguists that is currently being built up"
- Lexicon of Linguistics, University of Utrecht
Handbooks & Textbooks
- Oxford Handbooks in Linguistics
- Cambridge Handbooks in Language & Linguistics
- Cambridge Textbooks in Linguistics
Other Important Series
Languages of the World
- Glottolog - "Comprehensive reference information for the world's languages, especially the lesser known languages."
- Ethnologue - "A comprehensive reference work cataloging all of the world’s known living languages."
- Multitree "MultiTree is a searchable database of hypotheses on language relationships."
- LL-MAP - "a digital mapping project that integrates language data and information from the physical and social sciences. Users can browse our large collection of digital maps or view multiple maps at once with the map viewer.
- Endangered Languages - "The Endangered Languages Project puts technology at the service of the organizations and individuals working to confront the language endangerment by documenting, preserving and teaching them"
Databases, corpora and tools
- WALS Online - "The World Atlas of Language Structures (WALS) is a large database of structural (phonological, grammatical, lexical) properties of languages gathered from descriptive materials (such as reference grammars) by a team of 55 authors."
- Surrey Morphology Group's databases
- The Universals Archive
- OLAC - Open Language Archives - "international partnership of institutions and individuals who are creating a worldwide virtual library of language resources."
- Rosetta Project - "The Rosetta Project is a global collaboration of language specialists and native speakers working to build a publicly accessible digital library of human languages."
- Tekstlaboratoriet - access to many different corpora and tools.
- CLARINO Bergen Centre - "A repository to search and deposit language data."
- LAP - Language analysis portal (IFI) "provides an intuitive and easy-to-use web interface to a centralized repository of a wide range of language technology tools, all installed on a high-performance computing (HPC) cluster."
- Online Linguistic Database - "a software for linguistic fieldwork"
- The Linguist List - "a forum where academic linguists can discuss linguistic issues and exchange linguistic information."
- Other e-mail lists
- Diversity Linguistics Comment - "provides a forum for discussion for descriptive linguists, language typologists and historical-comparative linguists."
- Language on the move - "peer-reviewed sociolinguistics research site devoted to multilingualism, language learning and intercultural communication in the contexts of globalization and migration [...] consists primarily of doctoral candidates in sociolinguists based at Macquarie University and is complemented by contributors from around the world."
- Oria - the Norwegian University Libraries' catalogue: books, journals and article search.
Subject search in Oria
- HKI - UB's old main catalogue. Some foreign literature published before 1966 is registered only here.
- Linguistic bibliography online (BL online)
- Bibliographie linguistischer Literatur (BLL)
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)
- MLA international bibliography
General databases for the Humanities
- ProQuest - Litteratur og språk - Indexed database of research publications within the Humanities. Contains 320 journals, magazines and newspapers published in the UK and in the USA. Covers publication from 1962 onward
- Humanities Abstracts(Ebsco) Indexed database of articles form more than 570 journals. Indexing from 1984, article abstracts from 1994.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science) - Interdisciplinary international database. Allows subject search for articles and citation search for books and articles. Journals ranged by so called "impact factor" (how often a journal is cited within a given period).
- Science Direct (Elsevier) - database of journals and e-books from Elsevier
(NB: more than 10 000 matches return an error message).
- LIBRIS - The Swedish Libraries' catalogue
- REX - Database of the Danish Royal Library, Copenhagen
- Finna - Access to material form Finlands museums, libraries and archives.
- WorldCat - The world's largest online public access catalog, maintained by the OCLC (Online Computer Library Center) cooperative.
Norwegian Graduate Researcher School in Linguistics and Philology
From the old Infomation Resources pages (in Norwegian)
Fünfundzwanzig griechische Papyri aus den Sammlungen von Heidelberg, Wien und Kairo (P. Heid. VII)
Studien zur Praxis der Übersetzung antiker Literatur Geschichte – Analysen – Kritik
Solone e Creso : variazioni letterarie, filosofiche e inconografiche su un tema erodoteo : atti della giornata di studi, Macerata 10 marzo 2015
Solone e Creso, variazioni letterarie, filosofiche e iconografiche su un tema erodoteo Macerata, Italy (Prima edizione, 2016)