International Political Science Abstracts, produced by the International Political Science Association. Indexing and abstracts of the world's leading journals in political science.
The International Bibliography of the Social Sciences is an online resource for social science and interdisciplinary research. IBSS includes bibliographic references to journal articles, books, reviews and selected chapters dating back to 1951.
JSTOR provides a wide range of content in a digital archive of academic journals and other scholarly content.
ISI Web of Knowledge
Web of Science provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases.
CSA Sociological Abstracts abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences.
News and mediadatabases
- Atekst - Norske aviser/ medier
- Factiva - en stor internasjonal nyhetsdatabase
- Pravda Digital Archive Pravda i fulltekst fra 1912 til 2009.
- Keesing`s World News Archives - "40 years of fulltext international news reports", globale nyheter fra verdenspressen. Fulltekst
- Westlaw International - News from US, European Union, Great Britain and more. Fulltext.
- The Economist - Enter via Oria - Log on to Oria - Log on to the Economist as recommended in Oria
- Economist Intelligence Unit - Updated info on politics, business, risk etc. Search Countryname
Norway and the Norwegian political system
- National library - Digitization of historical material. Historical newspapers etc.
- IDUNN - Nordic journals online
- Archive of the norwegian parlament 1814 - 2005
- Archive of the norwegian government
- Data on the Norwegian Political System - PolSys
- Digitized material from the norwegian political system (in norwegian)
- Source OECD
- World Bank eLibrary
- Statistical data, data sets etc form Department of Political Science (University of Oslo)
- Statistics Norway
- Political science data (University of Michigan)
- Harvard Dataverse : Find data across research fields, preview metadata, and download files
- NSD - Norwegian Centre for Research Data
Oria - The Library Database includes books, journals, articles, sound recordings, printed music etc. held by the norwegian research libraries.
The Depot Library: magazines, books, microfilms and more. The collection is made up of transferred, compulsorily delivered and purchased material, where UB has transferred material for many years.
- Resources for library courses
- Europa world yearbook: - Europa regional surveys of the world
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Oxford handbooks online
- Oxford Reference
- SAGE research methods: gives access to Quantitative applications in the social sciences,/ "Little Green Books"
- Svenske Valforskningsprogrammet: Research on swedish elections
E-books on political science
- Adelphi series
- The Almanac of American politics 2014
- Assessing dynamics of democratisation : transformative politics, new institutions, and the case of Indonesia / by Olle Törnquist
- Basic interests : the importance of groups in politics and in political science / Frank R. Baumgartner and Beth L. Leech
- From silence to memory : revelations of the AHPN / Archivo Histórico de la Policía Nacional (AHPN, Guatemala)
- The political power of the business corporation / Stephen Wilks
- The report of The Constitution Project's Task force on detainee treatment
- The Role, Position and Agency of Cusp States in International Relations
Search & Write (Søk & Skriv) is a well-built site with online resources for academic writing.
The writing centre at UiO is open for all students who wish to improve their own writing. Discuss ideas, drafts and questions with one of the writing mentors at the centre. Book an appointment.