Sociological Abstracts covers sociology, anthropology, education and other related subjects. Records include abstracts, reference lists and citations, dating back to 1953.
Web of Science Cross-disciplinary, international database with mainly articles. You can search for topics in articles, and citations in articles and books.
IBSS Interdisciplinary social science database with references to articles and books from 1951 to today. From UNESCO og LSE.
Annual Review of Sociology Review chapters typically cover social processes, institutions and culture, organizations, political and economic sociology, stratification, demography, urban sociology, social policy, historical sociology, and major developments in sociology in other regions of the world.
Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology Online This encyclopedia is updated yearly, and provides information about sociological topics, methods and theories.
International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences contains a wide range of articles within the behavioral and social sciences. Contains references and highlights further reading.
Social Theory is a database that consists of more than 150.000 different author-pages, including Simone de Beauvoir, Émile Durkheim, Michel Foucault, Jürgen Habermas, Robert Merton, Dorothy E. Smith and Talcott Parsons.
SAGE Research Methods is a research methods tool created to help researchers, faculty and students with their research projects. SAGE Research Methods links over 100,000 pages of SAGE’s renowned book, journal and reference content with truly advanced search and discovery tools.
We advise all of you to use the specialist databases to avoid potential predatory scholarly open‑access publishers. You can also check if the journal is registered in the NSD list. Keep in mind that there are various online overviews of predatory scholarly channels
Other information resources
- European Social Survey Data from different european countries. Updated biannually.
- Eurostat Statistics from the EUs official office for statistics. Contains data suitable for comparative studies.
- SSB Statbank Norway Statistics Norway is responsible for official statistics in Norway.
- OECD Library Online library for the Economic Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). Contains statistics, books and articles.
- World Value Survey Data from a global network of social scientists studying changing values and their impact on social and political life.
Search & Write (Søk & Skriv) is a well-built site with online resources for academic writing.
The writing centre at UiO is open for all students who wish to improve their own writing. Discuss ideas, drafts and questions with one of the writing mentors at the centre. Book an appointment.