Signing in - users affiliated with other Norwegian institutions using Feide login
How to register for an account and get help with signing in to Oria.
How to register for an account
Note that you need a user account in our library system to be able to sign in to Oria. Users affiliated with other Norwegian educational institutions must visit the service desk at one of our libraries to register and get a library card. Specify that you are a student or employee at another educational institution. Your Feide ID can then be registered in our system and you will be able to sign in to UiO's Oria with the username and password from your own institution.
How to sign in
Note that your Feide ID (from you own educational institution) must be registered in your UiO library account for you to be able to sign in as described here. If you did not provide you Feide ID upon registration, please follow the guide for Signing in - external users or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to Oria and click [Sign in] in the top right corner.
- Select Sign in for [Users from other Feide institutions].
- You will be asked to choose affiliation when you sign in from a new browser. You must select the institution to which your username and password belongs, and which you provided at registration, eg. OsloMet or BI.
- The procedure further depends on whether your institution has activated two-factor authentication or not. Perform the Feide login as you normally do at your institution, i.e. either directly with your username and password, or by clicking on the [Use work or school account] button.
Do you need help?
If you have followed the steps above but still can't sign in to Oria:
- Make sure that you are at the correct Oria URL: https://uio.oria.no/.
- Delete your browser history or try another browser.
If you are still experiencing problems, please fill in the form for reporting problems with sign in or with your user account and we will help you.
Why should you sign in?
You need to sign in to order books, save search history and result lists and manage your loans and orders in [My Account].
You do not need to sign in to access electronic resources.