Take Away Library
The University Library has opened a limited service where you can collect material from our printed collections. It is also possible to return books you have borrowed. Read more about the service and local variations at the various Library branches.
Who can use this service?
- Take Away: UiO staff and students and OUS staff who need to access printed material that are not available electronically.
- Return: everyone can return books they have borrowed
Pick up and return points
All locations are closed on Monday June 1st.
- The Dentistry Library on Geitmyrsveien: Tuesday, Thursday 11:00-14:00
- Humanities and Social Sciences Library at Georg Sverdrups hus: Monday-Friday 10:00-14:00. The Library will also be open on Saturday June 6 and Saturday June 13, 10:00-14:00.
- The Informatics Library at Ole-Johan Dahls hus: Monday, Wednesday-Friday 11:00-13:00
- The Law Library at Domus Juridica: Monday-Friday 10:00-14:00
- The Medical Library at Rikshospitalet: Monday-Friday 10:00-14:00
- The Medical Library at Ullevål Hospital: Monday-Friday 11:00-13:00
- The Science Library at Vilhelm Bjeknes' hus: Monday-Friday 11:00-13:00
How to access the material
Find the book you want in Oria, sign in and order it. It is only possible to order books from the UiO Libraries.
- When the material is ready, you will get a notice on email with information about where and when you can pick it up.
- Delivery will usually take place between Monday through Friday, the day after the order was submitted at the earliest.