Use EndNote to collect, organize, and store references and articles. EndNote can also be used with Word to create citations and bibliographies.
Read this about EndNote 20
If you have updated the EndNote program to version 20, you will need to convert the EndNote library you used in previous EndNote versions (eg X9) for it to be compatible with the new version.
If you have not used older versions of the EndNote program before installing version 20, you can disregard this information.
To convert older library files:
- In EndNote: File> Open Library ...
- Browse to the file you want to convert and open it.
- You will see a dialog box stating that the file needs to be converted. Select OK
- If necessary, give the new library a new name and save it (do not save in OneDrive, Dropbox etc).
- The new library will open in EndNote 20. The old EndNote file will remain where it was.