Skills development for research data
This project continues skills development activities for research data management at UiO through the establishment and running of training courses for research support staff and researchers at UiO.
The project is financed by the UiO Advisory Council for eInfrastructure and builds upon the work that came out of the report «The data explosion – a major challenge, and a great opportunity!» that were published in 2015 and work delivered by the UiO Research data management group.
In the project we will investigate current skill levels for data management at UiO. Course modules will then be created and implemented, initially focusing on research staff and research support staff (librarians, research administrators and faculty/departmental IT).
- Create course modules for research data management and data sharing. The courses will be delivered to research staff and research support staff (librarians, research administrators and faculty/departmental IT).
- Continue the implementation of research data management courses for masters students at UiO.
- Contribute to the UiO Software‐ and Data Carpentry activities
- Contribute to the organisation of Research Bazaar 2019 and 2020
- Take part in and contribute to national activity within the research data management field.