The Library Board
The Library Board is the supreme governing body of the University Library. The Library Board is responsible for defining overarching goals, priorities and strategies for the Library's activities within the framework of applicable statutes, instructions and regulations, including decisions made by the University Board.
The Library Board is composed of eight members:
- 4 academic representatives
- 2 student representatives
- 1 representative of the library’s employees
- 1 external representative
The Library Board shall have a Chair and a Deputy Chair appointed by the Rector from among the four academic board members.
The Chair is the leader of the Library Board, and monitors the library’s activities on the board’s behalf. The Chair represents the board externally, within the board’s area of authority. The Chair leads the board’s proceedings, and cooperates with the Library Director in planning the work of the board.
Period of election for the Library Board:
01.09.2018 - 31.08.2022. The student representatives are elected for a term of one year.
Academic representatives and deputy representative
- Pro-Dean - Gunn Enli (Faculty of Humanities), Chair
- Associate Professor Ingvill Rasmussen (Department of Education)
- Adjunct Professor Kristin Bjordal (Faculty og Medicine)
- Professor Margunn Aanestad (Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences)
- 1st Deputy: Professor Rein Aasland (Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences)
- 2nd Deputy: Lecturer: Annely Tomson (Faculty of Humanities)
Representatives and deputy representatives of the library’s employees
- Academic Librarian Signe Marie Brandsæther
- 1st Deputy: Head Librarien Magnus Carlstöm
- 2nd Deputy: Head Librarian Karen Danbolt
Student representatives and deputy representatives
(Period: 1 July 2021 - 30 June 2022)
- Astrid Sophie Ulleland
- Joachim Teruel Sandnes
- 1st Deputy: Malene Iren Eilertsen
- 2nd Deputy: Kristin Labori Brattberg
- Oslo Met, Head of Department: Tor Arne Dahl
- Deputy: National Library of Norway, Hege Stensrud Høsøien