The Archaeology Library is connected to the Museum of Cultural History and serves staff at the museum, students, faculty and staff at UiO, and the public.
- Lunch break: 11:30-12:00
- The library may be closed on some days. Feel free to call in advance.
- Reduced opening hours on the following days:
- Wednesday June 12: 11:00-14:30
- Monday June 17: closed
- Wednesday June 19: 10:00-11:30
- From Tuesday June 25-Wednesday July 17 summer vacation with limited opening hours which will be posted soon.
The Library at the Norwegian Institute in Rome
If you are planning to study or do research at the Norwegian Institute in Rome, it is possible to search the Library collection using the URBS catalogue. The Library in Rome includes over 24,000 books and 110 periodical titles. The subject areas covered by the Library collection are classical archaeology and Italian art up to the Renaissance with a special focus on late antique and early medieval art. Please note that the DNIR-Library Collection is non-circulating.