Education Research Databases
Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) is an international full-text database on educational research sponsored by the United States Department of Education containing research articles, monographies, dissertations, conference papers, reports and policy papers and other education-related materials. It also provides a controlled vocabulary and a thesaurus.
Web of science
Cross-disciplinary, international database with a scientific citation indexing service maintained by Clarivate Analytics. For the most part containing research articles, and journals are ranged by impact factor. In advance: choose the 'Social Science' part (filter to be activated on the left).
Bibliographic database provided by Elsevier with abstracts and citations for journal articles in social sciences, life sciences, physical sciences and health science. It provides quality measures with h-Index, CiteScore, SCImago Journal Rank and author profiles with publications and bibliographic data.
Education Research Complete
International database run by EBSCO with topics covering all levels of education and nearly all educational research fields. The database also includes full text for books, monographs and education-related conference papers.
International database with mainly abstracts of literature in the field of psychology produced by the American Psychological Association. It contains citations and summaries from journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations within the subjects of psychology, education, medicine and psychiatry.
Sociological abstracts (ProQuest)
International database provided by ProQuest with citations, abstracts, and indexing of literature in the field of sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences, like education. It contains abstracts of journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations, conference papers and book reviews.
More Database Options
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS). International database for social science and interdisciplinary research.
- Science Direct Large subscription-based access to a large database. As the journals are grouped into four sections, you may choose the Social Sciences and Humanities- section.
- Google Scholar - International database that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines, including educational science.
- Browzine - Easily browsable format for finding current and back issues of scholarly e-journals from multiple publishers and platforms.
- Factiva gives access to local and global newspapers, newswires, journals and magazines.
- Dewey Subject Register (use browser to translate subjects to English)
Selected Subject-Specific Encyclopedias and Information Resources
Past Masters Database comprising a large collection of definitive scholarly editions of canonical authors' work, e.g. of John Dewey, including extensive introductions, editorial commentary and footnotes contextualizing various work.
International encyclopedia of the social and behavioral sciences (2nd edition) - An outline of social and behavioral sciences on a grand scale, mapping central literature through review articles (authors are experts in their individual fields).
International Encyclopedia of Education - The online version of this encyclopedia covers education, special need education, higher education, teacher education, educational leadership, and more.
Britannica Academic [Encyclopedia Britannica]
SAGE Research Methods - Includes quantitative applicat
JSTOR - Digital library of academic journals, books, and primary sources.
Springer E-books - in the field of education
World Bank e-library Books and documents from the World Bank (not available via Oria)
OECD Source - Digitalt library of books, journals and statistical material within the Field of education.
Norwegian national curricula in fulltext Published by the Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training
The Norwegian Government's website. Find White papers and Official Norwegian Reports
Research Data Management
Examples of data management plans:
NSD is responsible for registering scientific publishing channels. You can search the register (level 1 and 2 journals) here. By clicking on the journal names you will find the SHERPA /RoMEO-database showing copyright and open access self-archiving policies of academic journals.
Review of Research
Systematic reviews: A systematic review is an advanced research method summarising available research on a particular topic based on a research question. Researchers at UiO may request research support for systematic literature reviews at the University Library's Search Service for Systematic Reviews. Sites with highly qualified systematic reviews and meta-analyses which summarize and interpret results from different fields of research are to be found at the Campbell Collaboration and Cochrane Library sites. For systematic referencing, screening and selecting you may use the free web-tool Rayyan (Beta).You may also want to check opengrey for 'Grey Literature' which often include dissertations/theses, conference presentations, unpublished trial data; government publications (e.g. white papers, working papers); policies and procedures.
Sites displaying citation impact in terms of impact factor/journal impact factor, see Scopus/SciVal, Journal Citation Reports and SCImago (SJR). SJR is a measure of scientific influence of scholarly journals that accounts for the number of citations received by a journal.
- Educational Research Review
- Review of Educational Research
- Review of Higher Education
- Open Review of Educational Research
- Educational Review
- Review of Research in Education
- Educational Psychology Review
- Review of Education, Pedagogy, and Cultural Studies
- International Review of Education
- Comparative Education Review
- Oxford Review of Education
Sites for Search Techniques and Cited Reference Search
PhD on Track - is an online resource for PhD students on sources and referencing for research purposes and on publishing research.
Search & Write (Søk & Skriv) is a well-built site with online resources for academic writing.
For Researchers is a guidance to sources and referencing, databases, publishing and other research related matters.
Online Collaborative Writing Tools
Open Science Framework (OSF) - A site and a tool for research collaboration and OA -project management
Hypothes.is - A collaborative writing tool to discuss, collaborate and organize your research
- Authorea - A collaborative writing tool for researchers to write, cite, collaborate, host data and publish.
- Wiki - Web-based tool designed to provide collaborative modification of the content and structure of a website
- Zotero - an open-source reference management software to manage bibliographic data