- Sociological Abstracts (ProQuest)
Extensive database which covers sociology, social anthropology, media science, pedagogy, and other related subjects.
- Web of Science
The Clarivate Analytics-databases are divided into three subject areas: Social Science Citation Index, Arts and Humanities Citation Index, and Science Citation Index.
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences - IBSS (ProQuest) IBSS indexes articles from more than 2600 journals in the social sciences and more than 6000 books a year. The database covers articles and chapters from more than 100 countries and more than 90 languages. Approx. 70% of the entries are in English.
- ATEKST (Retriever) Retriever includes ATEKST (Norway) and Mediearkivet (Sweden). ATEKST is Norway's most extensive text archive and covers approx. 100 newspapers and journals as well as NTB stretching back to the mid-eighties. Mediearkivet covers approx. 440 Swedish newspapers and journals from the same time period.
- FACTIVA - a large global news database. This global news database aggregates content from more than 36 000 sources, both licensed and free, providing access to content from more than 200 countries, in 28 languages.
Use the professional databases to avoid so-called predatory journals. You can also check if the journal is listed in the register. There are various online listings of predatory publishing channels - such as Bealls blacklist.
Makt og journalistikk
Lindholm, Magne (2022)Mottatt i biblioteket for 17 hours ago.
Expressive space : embodying meaning in video game environments
Whistance-Smith, Gregory (2022)Mottatt i biblioteket for 4 days ago.
Loitering with intent
O'Toole, Peter (1st ed, 1992)Mottatt i biblioteket for 1 week ago.
Library course for new Master students in Media Studies
Library course for Master students in Political Communication
My video guides and tutorials:
Video guides from Search & Write:
- Ranked peer-reviewed journals in media and communication, level 2 or 1, according to the Nordic Publication Indicator (NPI)
- Norsk medietidsskrift
- Norsk medietidsskrift, printed version
- International encyclopedia of communication
- Medie- og kommunikationsleksikon (Danish reference work)
- Oxford Bibliographies - Communication
- Oxford Bibliographies - Cinema and Media Studies
- A Dictionary of Media and Communication (Oxford University Press)
- A Dictionary of Social Media (Oxford University Press)
- A Dictionary of Film Studies (Oxford University Press)
- A Dictionary of Journalism (Oxford University Press)
- NORDICOM - Nordic Information Centre for Media and Communication Research
- Lån av radio- og fjernsynsprogrammer
- medienorge - information centre for facts about Norwegian media